Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Wonderful, Always Fluffy Cloud

My cloud is mostly facebook, facebook, and some more facebook. No!! I’m not addicted or anything of the sort. I email, and search and shop too. I used to be quite the little online shopper but not so much anymore. I have never played a single game online or used whatever Flickr is. I mostly use the internet for school now. With all of my classes online I have to. Though I can honestly say there have been the times where blackboard comes down and face book goes up. I just can’t help myself.
            Five years ago the internet wasn’t even part of my everyday life, and I probably have five different email accounts that are in super overload because I would go so long not checking them and cannot remember the username or passwords. My Space and facebook were not even in my vocabulary. Online classes were non existent and now that is what my life has become.
            The future when it comes to technology is uncertain. I know for me I have at least 3 more years of school, and most of it will be experienced in the “cloud”. Then after college I plan on being a teacher and if the technology keeps going at this rate I’ll be teaching kindergartner's their ABC’s over skype chat while they sip their chocolate milks from the comfort of their own house. I am not sure what the future holds for me and my cloud, but I hope it’s always fluffy.

6 comments:

  1. Funny that you mentioned how you have facebook while your doing your classes, I do the same thing and half the time I think thats why it takes so long to do my work. Everytime I type something I have the most difficult time not using facebook or texting launguge : LOL, OMG, LMAO,smiley faces, etc. I also probably have 10 different email accounts from the past, I never used it then, now I have so many different pages and stuf that its hard to remember which password belongs to which one. I know that years from now its only going to be worse...since we can already carry the web with us.
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michelle,
    I know how it feels to be checking things like facebook and AIM constantly as I do this often. As Annmarie said, I also can be distracted by the internet though I have found ways to deal with both reasonably.
    I also very much agree with having lots of different account. I know I have quite a few in many different places and it gets really annoying to try to remember passwords or user names.
    I really like how Google integrates into various services such as what i am using right now! Blogger! They also do Youtube integration for logging in which is useful.
    I hope to see more of these as the internet develops because i do NOT like having many different accounts if i do not need to.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am on the same page as you. Internet has completly taken over! Right now I use it for homework and facebook. When I think five years ago, the internet was definatly not as big a part of my life. Now with two online classes it is a must! I am also going to school to become a teacher so it makes me wonder what is the classroom going to turn into in the future, will it be complelty taken over by technology?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only is it possible that the kids will be home sipping chocolate milk from their homes, but also will you be! or perhaps it won't be chocolate milk at all but any other beverage of your choice and as long as you dont stand up you won't even have to wear any clothes (at least on your lower half) In all seriousness I hope it doesn't come to that. The world will be in serious trouble, like I mentioned in my blog, person to person contact is seriously laking and threatening to get worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, I agree with you about what will happen next with technology. It is kind of scary not knowing if it will be good or bad. Hopefuly it will be good more then bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, FB is a big time-suck, but also a lot of fun. I put myself on a FB fast the week before class began b/c I thought I needed the break (and had read an article about colleges requiring students to go on a 1 week networking fast). It was only difficult the first day and after that I was over it. Even now, 2 weeks later I only check once or twice a week. It feels good to not be quite so chained to it and have more free time because you're right, Annmarie, it does make everything you're doing online take more time!

    ReplyDelete