Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hans Rosling and his Presentation

After watching that presentation I am very nervous about how mine is going to turn out. Rosling has a very good understanding of the technology he is using, and he uses it so well. His work with the computer not only makes his presentation visually pleasing, but it actually helps the audience pay attention to what he is saying. I have never learned so much about the population of our world. Every point he made was carefully executed with his use of technology and in the end I was fascinated. The elements of his presentation were not only his slides but how he made the data pop for him when he got to the point he was trying to make. I hope I can apply that to my own presentation. His use of graphs and charts were so good, the only thing I am nervous about is how long that probably took him, and the fact that time really isn't on my side.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, i also felt it visual pleasing, but did you find it all distracting? I was a bit distracted because the technology was so different from the standard flat pie charts and graphs you would normally use to show this information. His way was definitly more interesting though.

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete