Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Kindle 2

My first experience with a kindle was this summer when my teenage brother-in-law brought one home from school for the summer, I had never seen one before and could not understand the concept. Where had real books gone? After watching the video of the new Kindle 2 I am amazed with what it is capable of doing, but still I would not fork out the $300, and buy one.

I am caught between the two sides of this whole lawsuit. I can see how both parties are right, and wrong. Audio books are a big part of the reading world, and if the Kindle 2 can do the same thing but not have to pay the royalties why wouldn't the company take advantage of that. And of course the authors are going to disagree with this because they aren't getting their cut. It is hard to say who is right when it comes to this issue, everyone wants their piece of the craze that is the ebook. It's all about the money, not the wonderful books inside these machines.

2 comments:

  1. I totaly agree with your last statement, It is all about the money and not about the wonderful books inside. Completeely idiotic if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big audio book fan, never have time to read so I listen to them in my car. The kindle is really neat, but I wouldn't want a robot voice with no emotion reading to me. I would be like Charlie Brown listening to his teacher, wha, wha, wha. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete